SIXTH Course - SPRING 2009
Philosophy in the Public Square: Debating Current Issues
7:00 pm - 9:00 pm, at the Family Research Council Building, 801 G Street, NW, Washington, D.C.
1. 1/28: Law and Morality: What is the Legitimate Scope of Political Power Regarding Issues of “Personal Morality”?
2. 2/11: The Moral and Political Status of Human Life in its Earliest (Embryonic and Pre-Embryonic) Stages.
3. 2/25: Environmental Stewardship and Agriculture: Ethical Principles for Relating to Non-Human Life.
4. 3/11: The Death Penalty: Human Dignity and Capital Punishment.
5. 3/25: The Family in Public Policy: Families Ideal and Actual, and What Should Government Do?
6. 4/15: Immigratration.
7. 4/29: Homosexuality and Public Policy.
Classes will be held at the Family Research Council at 801 G St NW , and will be on alternate Wednesday evenings, from 7:00 to 9:00 pm .
There will also be an informal dinner ahead of time at Fuddruckers, right around the corner at 734 7th St NW .
The course costs $100 ($50 for students). Scholarships are available for those who cannot afford this fee. (We don't want anyone to forego attending simply for financial reasons.)